Spanish Town Votes On Pot For Debt
Category: News | Posted on Wed, April, 11th 2012 by THCFinder
Can you imagine if our government got smart and realized the same thing...we could help pull this country out of debt by legalizing a simple little plant that has been with us for ages!
MADRID -- An adviser to a Spanish village that had considered growing marijuana to pay off debt may still do so, even though 'yes' votes in a referendum prevailed but fell short of the minimum set by the mayor.
The people of Rasquera in the northeast Catalonia region voted 56 percent in favor and 44 percent against in Tuesday's referendum.
The mayor had set 75 percent as the minimum level of support, and said he would resign if this were not achieved. Now he is apparently backtracking.
Mayor Bernat Pallisa said Wednesday he is delaying any decision. The adviser, Jose Maria Insausti, said meetings of the seven-member town council over the next two days should determine if Rasquera leases land as planned for the growing of pot to pay off its (EURO)1.3 million debt.
- 189,509 Views Category: Odd
- 148,993 Views Category: Fun
- 138,673 Views Category: Culture
- 98,347 Views Category: Culture
- 97,578 Views Category: Fun
- 97,011 Views Category: Culture
- 78,415 Views Category: Culture
- 76,536 Views Category: Odd
- 68,494 Views Category: Fun
- 61,311 Views Category: Fun