Spanish Town Votes On Pot For Debt
Category: News | Posted on Wed, April, 11th 2012 by THCFinder
Can you imagine if our government got smart and realized the same thing...we could help pull this country out of debt by legalizing a simple little plant that has been with us for ages!
MADRID -- An adviser to a Spanish village that had considered growing marijuana to pay off debt may still do so, even though 'yes' votes in a referendum prevailed but fell short of the minimum set by the mayor.
The people of Rasquera in the northeast Catalonia region voted 56 percent in favor and 44 percent against in Tuesday's referendum.
The mayor had set 75 percent as the minimum level of support, and said he would resign if this were not achieved. Now he is apparently backtracking.
Mayor Bernat Pallisa said Wednesday he is delaying any decision. The adviser, Jose Maria Insausti, said meetings of the seven-member town council over the next two days should determine if Rasquera leases land as planned for the growing of pot to pay off its (EURO)1.3 million debt.
- 191,287 Views Category: Odd
- 150,403 Views Category: Fun
- 139,863 Views Category: Culture
- 101,005 Views Category: Culture
- 99,610 Views Category: Culture
- 99,327 Views Category: Fun
- 80,030 Views Category: Culture
- 78,204 Views Category: Odd
- 70,091 Views Category: Fun
- 63,271 Views Category: Fun