The Crimes of Big Pharma
The number 1 reason marijuana is still illegal and that there is so much political resistance to medical cannabis is the money of “Big Pharma,” the major pharmaceutical companies. They cannot compete with medical marijuana so they suppress as much information about it as they can, and pay off politicians to make sure it stays prohibited at a federal level.
But some “Big Pharma” companies are embroiled in lawsuits and accusations of criminality and fraud. The pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline recently settled its fraud case to the tune of $3 billion.
According to U.S. federal investigators, GlaxoSmithKline (http://www.naturalnews.com/036416_GlaxoSmithKline_fraud_criminal_char...):
• Routinely bribed doctors with luxury vacations and paid speaking gigs
• Fabricated drug safety data and lied to the FDA
• Defrauded Medicare and Medicaid out of billions
• Deceived regulators about the effectiveness of its drugs
• Relied on its deceptive practices to earn billions of dollars selling potentially dangerous drugs to unsuspecting consumers and medical patients
And the company doesn’t deny it, they just apologized, agreed to the settlement and moved on.
People wonder why healthcare is so off-kilter in this country; maybe the collusion of the government and Big Pharma to monopolize the industry and funnel large amounts of cash into the campaign coffers of our elected officials is a problem.
- 177,107 Views Category: Odd
- 140,620 Views Category: Fun
- 130,880 Views Category: Culture
- 87,977 Views Category: Culture
- 87,203 Views Category: Fun
- 86,248 Views Category: Culture
- 69,443 Views Category: Culture
- 66,218 Views Category: Odd
- 59,073 Views Category: Fun
- 51,896 Views Category: Fun