Ariz. marijuana law to be tested in court
Category: News | Posted on Fri, October, 19th 2012 by THCFinder
PHOENIX (AP) — The validity of an Arizona law permitting medical marijuana will be tested in court.
The Arizona Republic (http://bit.ly/R8h57t ) reports a Maricopa County Superior Court judge is set to hear arguments Friday afternoon from state and county prosecutors that the voter-approved law interferes with federal drug law.
The hearing stems from a company suing Maricopa County over its refusal to provide zoning clearances for a medical marijuana dispensary in Sun City.
The American Civil Liberties Union and its Arizona affiliate have also joined the suit.
Attorneys for the ACLU and White Mountain Health Center say the state is allowed to make policy decisions on medical marijuana.
Arizona is one of 17 states that have approved the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
- 185,490 Views Category: Odd
- 145,695 Views Category: Fun
- 135,771 Views Category: Culture
- 94,048 Views Category: Culture
- 93,533 Views Category: Fun
- 92,048 Views Category: Culture
- 74,614 Views Category: Culture
- 72,335 Views Category: Odd
- 64,649 Views Category: Fun
- 57,607 Views Category: Fun