Ariz. marijuana law to be tested in court
Category: News | Posted on Fri, October, 19th 2012 by THCFinder
PHOENIX (AP) — The validity of an Arizona law permitting medical marijuana will be tested in court.
The Arizona Republic (http://bit.ly/R8h57t ) reports a Maricopa County Superior Court judge is set to hear arguments Friday afternoon from state and county prosecutors that the voter-approved law interferes with federal drug law.
The hearing stems from a company suing Maricopa County over its refusal to provide zoning clearances for a medical marijuana dispensary in Sun City.
The American Civil Liberties Union and its Arizona affiliate have also joined the suit.
Attorneys for the ACLU and White Mountain Health Center say the state is allowed to make policy decisions on medical marijuana.
Arizona is one of 17 states that have approved the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
- 191,305 Views Category: Odd
- 150,410 Views Category: Fun
- 139,872 Views Category: Culture
- 101,019 Views Category: Culture
- 99,673 Views Category: Culture
- 99,342 Views Category: Fun
- 80,047 Views Category: Culture
- 78,217 Views Category: Odd
- 70,109 Views Category: Fun
- 63,282 Views Category: Fun