Ariz. marijuana law to be tested in court
Category: News | Posted on Fri, October, 19th 2012 by THCFinder
PHOENIX (AP) — The validity of an Arizona law permitting medical marijuana will be tested in court.
The Arizona Republic (http://bit.ly/R8h57t ) reports a Maricopa County Superior Court judge is set to hear arguments Friday afternoon from state and county prosecutors that the voter-approved law interferes with federal drug law.
The hearing stems from a company suing Maricopa County over its refusal to provide zoning clearances for a medical marijuana dispensary in Sun City.
The American Civil Liberties Union and its Arizona affiliate have also joined the suit.
Attorneys for the ACLU and White Mountain Health Center say the state is allowed to make policy decisions on medical marijuana.
Arizona is one of 17 states that have approved the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
- 182,905 Views Category: Odd
- 144,197 Views Category: Fun
- 134,247 Views Category: Culture
- 91,840 Views Category: Culture
- 91,384 Views Category: Fun
- 90,157 Views Category: Culture
- 72,912 Views Category: Culture
- 70,447 Views Category: Odd
- 62,959 Views Category: Fun
- 55,853 Views Category: Fun