Uruguay to Sell Marijuana Cigarettes in Attempt to Combat Black Market
Category: News | Posted on Thu, November, 8th 2012 by THCFinder
In a bid to stamp out organized crime in the country, Uruguay has legalized the sale of about 20 marijuana cigarettes a month to its citizens.
Users will be able to buy 40 grams – or 1.4oz – a month, about enough to roll up 20 joints and the sale will be regulated by the state with the dope being sold at a market price of around $34.
To regulate their purchases, smokers will be given a card with a barcode that keeps track of the amount of pot each person purchases.
Uruguayan President José Mujica, who previously announced plans to grow up to 150 hectares of mariajuana for sale to users, said that his government hopes to eliminate the black market trade in pot – and related violence - by implementing this measure.
We are losing the battle against drugs and crime in South America. Somebody has to be the first.
“The negative effects of consuming marijuana are far less harmful than the outbreak of violence associated with the black market,” added Interior minister Eduardo Bonomi
Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/
- 470,175 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 393,493 Views Category: Culture
- 306,557 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 278,918 Views Category: Fun
- 198,337 Views Category: Odd
- 156,516 Views Category: Fun
- 154,692 Views Category: Videos
- 153,676 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,528 Views Category: News
- 148,388 Views Category: Nugs