Push to decriminalize marijuana to launch in Ga.
Category: News | Posted on Mon, December, 17th 2012 by THCFinder
Should you go to prison if you smoke pot in Georgia? One group plans to argue emphatically that you should not. A campaign to decriminalize marijuana in Georgia will be launched Monday at the State Capitol.
All News 106.7's Connie Cummings reports that the Georgia Campaign for Access, Reform and Education will hold a news conference to urge state lawmakers to include reforming Georgia's marijuana laws as they reform the criminal justice system. One member of that group, James Bell, says the state effort to stop filling prisons with non-violent offenders should include marijuana laws.
Bell also says they want lawmakers to modernize the state's medical marijuana law and make use of an existing state law that taxes marijuana.
- 194,682 Views Category: Odd
- 153,578 Views Category: Fun
- 143,281 Views Category: Culture
- 106,402 Views Category: Culture
- 104,626 Views Category: Culture
- 103,171 Views Category: Fun
- 83,508 Views Category: Culture
- 81,772 Views Category: Odd
- 74,082 Views Category: Fun
- 73,991 Views Category: Culture