Push to decriminalize marijuana to launch in Ga.
Category: News | Posted on Mon, December, 17th 2012 by THCFinder
Should you go to prison if you smoke pot in Georgia? One group plans to argue emphatically that you should not. A campaign to decriminalize marijuana in Georgia will be launched Monday at the State Capitol.
All News 106.7's Connie Cummings reports that the Georgia Campaign for Access, Reform and Education will hold a news conference to urge state lawmakers to include reforming Georgia's marijuana laws as they reform the criminal justice system. One member of that group, James Bell, says the state effort to stop filling prisons with non-violent offenders should include marijuana laws.
Bell also says they want lawmakers to modernize the state's medical marijuana law and make use of an existing state law that taxes marijuana.
- 193,791 Views Category: Odd
- 152,760 Views Category: Fun
- 142,288 Views Category: Culture
- 104,951 Views Category: Culture
- 103,322 Views Category: Culture
- 102,195 Views Category: Fun
- 82,589 Views Category: Culture
- 80,821 Views Category: Odd
- 72,748 Views Category: Fun
- 66,126 Views Category: Fun