Manatee deputies raid disabled woman's home
Category: News | Posted on Tue, February, 26th 2013 by THCFinder
Deputies confiscated 23 marijuana plants from the home of a Parrish woman battling disease after receiving a complaint Monday afternoon, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office.
About 2 p.m., deputies arrived at the home of Cathy and Robert Jordan in the 4300 block of 98th Avenue East in the Beck Estates development
Authorities were alerted of suspicious circumstances by a real estate agent who was conducting routine inspections in the area.
Robert Jordan, 64, told the Bradenton Herald on Monday that he had just awoke from a nap in his easy chair when he saw two deputies approach his house with drawn guns.
“I ran out and said, ‘What are you doing here?’ ” Jordan said. “They said, ‘We have probable cause. You are growing marijuana.’ I said, ‘It’s medicine for my wife. I know people use that as an excuse, but this is true.’”
Cathy Jordan, who has had Lou Gehrig’s Disease since 1986 and is wheelchair-bound, uses the herb for medicinal reasons. She has advocated for the legalization of medical cannabis in Florida for 16 years.
Read more: http://www.bradenton.com
- 191,595 Views Category: Odd
- 150,676 Views Category: Fun
- 140,334 Views Category: Culture
- 101,518 Views Category: Culture
- 100,174 Views Category: Culture
- 99,696 Views Category: Fun
- 80,348 Views Category: Culture
- 78,550 Views Category: Odd
- 70,421 Views Category: Fun
- 63,722 Views Category: Fun