Washington State seeks to keep marijuana out of bars
Category: News | Posted on Sun, March, 31st 2013 by THCFinder
SEATTLE — Washington Gov. Jay Inslee wants the state Liquor Control Board to figure out how to stop the spread of bars allowing marijuana consumption.
The issue became a concern for Inslee after an Associated Press story about two bars, Frankie’s in Olympia and Stonegate in Tacoma, letting patrons use marijuana within their walls.
Voters legalized recreational marijuana through Initiative 502. But I-502 prohibits public consumption. “We think the board needs to give this a very hard look,” said Inslee spokesman David Postman. “We will implement the will of the voters and create a well-regulated industry. Washingtonians did not vote for a wide-open policy.”
The board is considering its options. However, there’s “a loophole in the law that doesn’t allow the board to hold licensees accountable” for such activity, said board enforcement chief Justin Nordhorn.
Read more: http://www.northjersey.com
- 264,565 Views Category: Culture
- 262,509 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 195,488 Views Category: Odd
- 191,281 Views Category: Fun
- 183,894 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 154,286 Views Category: Fun
- 144,008 Views Category: Culture
- 107,201 Views Category: Culture
- 105,549 Views Category: Culture
- 103,948 Views Category: Fun