'Grandma's magic remedy:' Mexico's medical marijuana secret
Mexico City (AFP) - When her legs ache, this Mexican grandmother rubs them with marijuana-infused alcohol. She is well aware the homemade remedy defies the country's cannabis ban, but her family has used the concoction to treat ailments since she was a child, handing it down the generations.
"I really have a lot of faith in it," said the slender 53-year-old, a housewife and amateur dancer who spoke to AFP about her cannabis use on condition of strict anonymity.
"When I'm very tired, I spread it on my legs, feet and body. It's really good. I can go without salt but not without marijuana with alcohol. My grandmother used it," she said, holding a plastic bottle filled with the leaves and liquid.
In turn, she used the family remedy to care for her three children, and three grandchildren. For the kids, a piece of cotton soaked in the liquid is placed in the bellybutton to fight fevers. When they're congested, the alcohol is rubbed on the chest and back.
- 193,235 Views Category: Odd
- 152,203 Views Category: Fun
- 141,688 Views Category: Culture
- 104,044 Views Category: Culture
- 102,479 Views Category: Culture
- 101,509 Views Category: Fun
- 81,996 Views Category: Culture
- 80,183 Views Category: Odd
- 72,087 Views Category: Fun
- 65,478 Views Category: Fun