'Grandma's magic remedy:' Mexico's medical marijuana secret
Mexico City (AFP) - When her legs ache, this Mexican grandmother rubs them with marijuana-infused alcohol. She is well aware the homemade remedy defies the country's cannabis ban, but her family has used the concoction to treat ailments since she was a child, handing it down the generations.
"I really have a lot of faith in it," said the slender 53-year-old, a housewife and amateur dancer who spoke to AFP about her cannabis use on condition of strict anonymity.
"When I'm very tired, I spread it on my legs, feet and body. It's really good. I can go without salt but not without marijuana with alcohol. My grandmother used it," she said, holding a plastic bottle filled with the leaves and liquid.
In turn, she used the family remedy to care for her three children, and three grandchildren. For the kids, a piece of cotton soaked in the liquid is placed in the bellybutton to fight fevers. When they're congested, the alcohol is rubbed on the chest and back.
- 194,533 Views Category: Odd
- 153,422 Views Category: Fun
- 143,088 Views Category: Culture
- 106,198 Views Category: Culture
- 104,415 Views Category: Culture
- 102,997 Views Category: Fun
- 83,308 Views Category: Culture
- 81,615 Views Category: Odd
- 73,600 Views Category: Fun
- 66,908 Views Category: Fun