This Invention Could Address a Serious Marijuana Concern
As we barrel headlong into 2016, one issue that promises to take center stage, especially with elections just 10 months away, is marijuana.
Marijuana expands, but roadblocks remain
Over the previous two decades marijuana has been practically unstoppable. With the exception of a few notable defeats -- the defeat two months ago of Issue 3 in Ohio, which attempted to approve medical and recreational marijuana at the same time, and Florida's medical marijuana defeat in 2014 -- marijuana's expansion continues.
In two decades, 23 states have approved the use of marijuana for select medical ailments, and since 2012 four states (along with Washington, D.C.) now allow for the sale of marijuana to adults for recreational use. Medical marijuana opens new treatment avenues for select patients dealing with chronic or terminal illnesses, while for states the retail sale of marijuana provides another source of revenue that can help fill relatively small budget gaps.
- 195,000 Views Category: Odd
- 153,852 Views Category: Fun
- 143,662 Views Category: Culture
- 106,789 Views Category: Culture
- 105,003 Views Category: Culture
- 103,499 Views Category: Fun
- 93,772 Views Category: Fun
- 93,570 Views Category: Videos
- 92,027 Views Category: Culture
- 90,124 Views Category: News