British Police Forces Have Essentially Decriminalized All Illegal Drugs
Two British police forces have been experimenting with the decriminalization of all illegal drugs, according to Vice News.
The report, which was penned by columnist Max Daly, suggests the Durham and Avon & Somerset police departments have been running a slick new diversion program that allows people caught in possession of any illicit substance, including cocaine and heroin, to avoid being entered into the criminal justice system.
The program simply allows drug offenders (even those with a criminal record) to take a three-and-a-half hour drug class rather than be sent to jail. And as long as the accused emerges with a certificate showing the course was completed, the charges are dismissed.
- 195,007 Views Category: Odd
- 153,861 Views Category: Fun
- 143,678 Views Category: Culture
- 106,806 Views Category: Culture
- 105,017 Views Category: Culture
- 103,515 Views Category: Fun
- 94,426 Views Category: Fun
- 94,240 Views Category: Videos
- 92,706 Views Category: Culture
- 90,790 Views Category: News