British Police Forces Have Essentially Decriminalized All Illegal Drugs
Two British police forces have been experimenting with the decriminalization of all illegal drugs, according to Vice News.
The report, which was penned by columnist Max Daly, suggests the Durham and Avon & Somerset police departments have been running a slick new diversion program that allows people caught in possession of any illicit substance, including cocaine and heroin, to avoid being entered into the criminal justice system.
The program simply allows drug offenders (even those with a criminal record) to take a three-and-a-half hour drug class rather than be sent to jail. And as long as the accused emerges with a certificate showing the course was completed, the charges are dismissed.
- 194,256 Views Category: Odd
- 153,125 Views Category: Fun
- 142,685 Views Category: Culture
- 105,576 Views Category: Culture
- 103,934 Views Category: Culture
- 102,668 Views Category: Fun
- 82,983 Views Category: Culture
- 81,266 Views Category: Odd
- 73,229 Views Category: Fun
- 66,545 Views Category: Fun