Surprise! Big Pharma, Alcohol Fund Anti-Legalization Drives
Who do you think is pouring money into the campaigns against the legalization initiaves that will go before the voters in five states next month?
Well, an Oct. 22 exposé in the Guardian has confirmed what we already knew.
In August, the pharmaceutical company Insys Therapeutics became the biggest donor to the campaign to defeat Arizona’s Proposition 205, making a $500,000 donation to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy (ARDP). In making the donation, Insys cited concerns for child safety. But the Guardian points out the delicious irony: Insys manufactures Subsys—a prescription painkiller derived from fentanyl—a synthetic opioid that is up to 100 times more powerful than morphine. And the Phoenix New Times adds that Insys is under investigation in four states, including Arizona, for marketing practices related to Subsys that have allegedly resulted in patient deaths.
- 194,398 Views Category: Odd
- 153,288 Views Category: Fun
- 142,886 Views Category: Culture
- 105,981 Views Category: Culture
- 104,227 Views Category: Culture
- 102,831 Views Category: Fun
- 83,164 Views Category: Culture
- 81,451 Views Category: Odd
- 73,426 Views Category: Fun
- 66,744 Views Category: Fun