Surprise! Big Pharma, Alcohol Fund Anti-Legalization Drives
Who do you think is pouring money into the campaigns against the legalization initiaves that will go before the voters in five states next month?
Well, an Oct. 22 exposé in the Guardian has confirmed what we already knew.
In August, the pharmaceutical company Insys Therapeutics became the biggest donor to the campaign to defeat Arizona’s Proposition 205, making a $500,000 donation to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy (ARDP). In making the donation, Insys cited concerns for child safety. But the Guardian points out the delicious irony: Insys manufactures Subsys—a prescription painkiller derived from fentanyl—a synthetic opioid that is up to 100 times more powerful than morphine. And the Phoenix New Times adds that Insys is under investigation in four states, including Arizona, for marketing practices related to Subsys that have allegedly resulted in patient deaths.
- 193,770 Views Category: Odd
- 152,751 Views Category: Fun
- 142,277 Views Category: Culture
- 104,921 Views Category: Culture
- 103,300 Views Category: Culture
- 102,166 Views Category: Fun
- 82,576 Views Category: Culture
- 80,805 Views Category: Odd
- 72,723 Views Category: Fun
- 66,096 Views Category: Fun