Surprise! Big Pharma, Alcohol Fund Anti-Legalization Drives
Who do you think is pouring money into the campaigns against the legalization initiaves that will go before the voters in five states next month?
Well, an Oct. 22 exposé in the Guardian has confirmed what we already knew.
In August, the pharmaceutical company Insys Therapeutics became the biggest donor to the campaign to defeat Arizona’s Proposition 205, making a $500,000 donation to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy (ARDP). In making the donation, Insys cited concerns for child safety. But the Guardian points out the delicious irony: Insys manufactures Subsys—a prescription painkiller derived from fentanyl—a synthetic opioid that is up to 100 times more powerful than morphine. And the Phoenix New Times adds that Insys is under investigation in four states, including Arizona, for marketing practices related to Subsys that have allegedly resulted in patient deaths.
- 195,138 Views Category: Odd
- 153,988 Views Category: Fun
- 143,840 Views Category: Culture
- 106,974 Views Category: Culture
- 105,195 Views Category: Culture
- 103,660 Views Category: Fun
- 102,631 Views Category: Videos
- 102,597 Views Category: Fun
- 101,326 Views Category: Culture
- 99,096 Views Category: News