Surprise! Big Pharma, Alcohol Fund Anti-Legalization Drives
Who do you think is pouring money into the campaigns against the legalization initiaves that will go before the voters in five states next month?
Well, an Oct. 22 exposé in the Guardian has confirmed what we already knew.
In August, the pharmaceutical company Insys Therapeutics became the biggest donor to the campaign to defeat Arizona’s Proposition 205, making a $500,000 donation to Arizonans for Responsible Drug Policy (ARDP). In making the donation, Insys cited concerns for child safety. But the Guardian points out the delicious irony: Insys manufactures Subsys—a prescription painkiller derived from fentanyl—a synthetic opioid that is up to 100 times more powerful than morphine. And the Phoenix New Times adds that Insys is under investigation in four states, including Arizona, for marketing practices related to Subsys that have allegedly resulted in patient deaths.
- 194,671 Views Category: Odd
- 153,569 Views Category: Fun
- 143,272 Views Category: Culture
- 106,387 Views Category: Culture
- 104,610 Views Category: Culture
- 103,163 Views Category: Fun
- 83,492 Views Category: Culture
- 81,764 Views Category: Odd
- 73,756 Views Category: Fun
- 73,277 Views Category: Fun