Insanity: British Prime Minister Says Marijuana Leads to Suicide
Britain has some of the strictest prohibitions on cannabis of any English-speaking country. Somehow, America’s special friend has figured out a way to be more draconian on pot than the United States.
Medical marijuana is a distant dream—research is overseen and approved by the Home Office, the law-and-order arm of the British government, not by public-health officials—and legal cannabinoid-derived pharmaceuticals can be prescribed only at the doctor’s own risk. If you want to access legal marijuana in the United Kingdom, you must be a mouse.
As in America and everywhere else, there’s a deep and bitter political divide in Britain between left and right. Yet, both the Conservatives in power and their opposition in Labour agree on cannabis.
The official party line is that marijuana is bad and should remain illegal. The only difference is in degrees—and Theresa May, Britain’s prime minister since her predecessor quit in ignominy following the Brexit fiasco, is doing what she can to ramp up drug-war hysteria to Nixon levels.
- 192,615 Views Category: Odd
- 151,677 Views Category: Fun
- 141,203 Views Category: Culture
- 103,154 Views Category: Culture
- 101,706 Views Category: Culture
- 100,835 Views Category: Fun
- 81,414 Views Category: Culture
- 79,572 Views Category: Odd
- 71,513 Views Category: Fun
- 64,913 Views Category: Fun