77-year-old sentenced to 10 years for growing marijuana
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Two plainclothes detectives were driving a white unmarked pickup truck through a heavily forested road in Polk County on an overcast day in March 2012.
A woman had called the sheriff's office in December. Her identity had been stolen, she said, and new credit cards were being sent to an address in Polk County.
The detectives couldn't find the home in the rural area 45 miles north of Springfield, so instead they stopped at the next closest address — the home of Charles Frederick White.
The investigation into the identity theft was dropped. The investigation of one of the largest marijuana-growing operations in Polk County history had begun.
- 192,457 Views Category: Odd
- 151,522 Views Category: Fun
- 141,062 Views Category: Culture
- 102,858 Views Category: Culture
- 101,466 Views Category: Culture
- 100,661 Views Category: Fun
- 81,234 Views Category: Culture
- 79,415 Views Category: Odd
- 71,335 Views Category: Fun
- 64,749 Views Category: Fun