77-year-old sentenced to 10 years for growing marijuana
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Two plainclothes detectives were driving a white unmarked pickup truck through a heavily forested road in Polk County on an overcast day in March 2012.
A woman had called the sheriff's office in December. Her identity had been stolen, she said, and new credit cards were being sent to an address in Polk County.
The detectives couldn't find the home in the rural area 45 miles north of Springfield, so instead they stopped at the next closest address — the home of Charles Frederick White.
The investigation into the identity theft was dropped. The investigation of one of the largest marijuana-growing operations in Polk County history had begun.
- 193,596 Views Category: Odd
- 152,603 Views Category: Fun
- 142,114 Views Category: Culture
- 104,665 Views Category: Culture
- 103,037 Views Category: Culture
- 101,982 Views Category: Fun
- 82,417 Views Category: Culture
- 80,643 Views Category: Odd
- 72,538 Views Category: Fun
- 65,911 Views Category: Fun