Few Michigan cities decided to let the weed flow
When Harrison Township votes on its medical marijuana ordinance next month, there is expected to be little opposition to the plan to allow a couple of dozen cannabis businesses into the Macomb County community.
“At last check, we had 18 legitimate grow operations in the community. At a minimum, if there is an existing business, why would we tell the owner, 'You have to evict your tenant?'” said township Supervisor Ken Verkest. “This is a great source of revenue for us. Whether you like it or not, it’s coming. Isn’t it better to eliminate these black market, cash-only guys?”
It's a different story in Oakland County’s Oakland Township, where township Supervisor Dale Stuart says medical marijuana businesses will never be welcome.
- 385,806 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 349,087 Views Category: Culture
- 267,894 Views Category: Fun
- 261,325 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,555 Views Category: Odd
- 155,001 Views Category: Fun
- 145,008 Views Category: Culture
- 144,008 Views Category: Videos
- 143,056 Views Category: Nugs
- 142,954 Views Category: News