Move over pot brownies: California prepares for marijuana in wine, trail mixes, tacos and other edibles
he sauvignon blanc boasts brassy, citrus notes, but with one whiff, it’s apparent this is no normal Sonoma County wine. It’s infused with THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that provides the high.
Move over, pot brownies. The world’s largest legal recreational marijuana market kicks off Monday in California, and the trendsetting state is set to ignite the cannabis culinary scene.
Chefs and investors have been teaming up to offer an eye-boggling array of cannabis-infused food and beverages, weed-pairing supper clubs and other extravagant pot-to-plate events in preparation for legalization come Jan. 1.
Legal pot in states like Oregon, Washington and Colorado and California’s longstanding medical marijuana market already spurred a cannabis-foodie movement with everything from olive oil to heirloom tomato bisques infused with the drug.
- 484,062 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 400,543 Views Category: Culture
- 314,567 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,420 Views Category: Fun
- 198,663 Views Category: Odd
- 156,909 Views Category: Fun
- 155,195 Views Category: Videos
- 154,149 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,872 Views Category: News
- 148,809 Views Category: Nugs