New laws could force marijuana dispensaries to close
Vermont Marijuana Legalization Bill Poised For Full Senate Vote
Recreational Marijuana Sales Outpace Tax Registrations in Oregon
Monona considers change to marijuana laws
MONONA (WKOW) -- The city of Monona's Public Safety commission will meet on Wednesday to discuss whether to ease up penalties for marijuana possession in certain situations.
Right now, someone caught with 25 grams or less of marijuana in a public or private place-- like a home-- can face a fine of up to $313. Officials in Monona are now considering a proposal to eliminate fines for adults who have small amounts of marijuana at home and only issue a $1 fine if caught with marijuana in public.
Alderman Brian Holmquist says the meeting is just the preliminary discussion on the proposal.
"Really this is a look at our current ordinance," Holmquist says. "Look at if there are changes that we look to do or keep it the same as it is."
Colorado Seeks To Create Organic Marijuana Labeling Rules
Iowa State Executives Appeal Free Speech-Marijuana Logo Case
- 189,224 Views Category: Odd
- 148,680 Views Category: Fun
- 138,419 Views Category: Culture
- 98,008 Views Category: Culture
- 97,285 Views Category: Fun
- 96,550 Views Category: Culture
- 78,099 Views Category: Culture
- 76,213 Views Category: Odd
- 68,211 Views Category: Fun
- 61,029 Views Category: Fun