Show-Me Cannabis Sues NITRO Drug Task Force
Detroit police make arrests at marijuana dispensary
Detroit police arrested two people and confiscated two firearms and drugs during a raid on a marijuana dispensary Tuesday afternoon.
Police seized 4,100 grams of marijuana (about 9 pounds), and removed 12 edible marijuana foods from the shelves at Detroit Medz, said Sgt. Cassandra Lewis of Detroit police Media Relations.
"Our Major Violators Unit executed a search warrant at the location at 4:30 p.m.," Lewis said.
According to state law, only Michiganders who possess state registry cards can legally use medical marijuana, but at the shop "they were just selling to anybody who walked in," she said.
Detroit does not have an ordinance regulating dispensaries. Detroit police favor having dispensaries be regulated, "so that it's safe not just for the customers but also for the community," Lewis added.
DEA Monitoring Internet Activity in Colombia, Is the U.S. Next?
Obama Commutes Sentences For 14 People Serving Life In Prison For Drug Offenses
Marijuana may be helping to overcome painkiller abuse in America
Illinois approves 1st medical marijuana workers to grow legal pot
- 187,443 Views Category: Odd
- 146,997 Views Category: Fun
- 136,948 Views Category: Culture
- 95,768 Views Category: Culture
- 95,403 Views Category: Fun
- 93,985 Views Category: Culture
- 76,054 Views Category: Culture
- 74,051 Views Category: Odd
- 66,233 Views Category: Fun
- 59,098 Views Category: Fun