Denver NORML Pushes To Legalize Marijuana Clubs And Events
Voter Suppression Under Investigation in Emerald Triangle
Alaska Marijuana Regulators Approve First Licenses
Michigan’s Recreational Marijuana Initiative Shutdown By 180-Day Policy
Bureau Creates Opportunity For MILegalize By Suggesting Petition Denial
Why This Marijuana Stock Jumped 19% in May
What: Ahead of important data that may add conviction to the use of marijuana to treat epilepsy patients, shares in GW Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ:GWPH) soared 18.7% last month, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence.
So what: No public company has focused as much money and attention on proving the medical benefits of marijuana than GW Pharmaceuticals. The company has been knee-deep in the study of marijuana cannabinoids as medicine since the 1990s.
Up until this year, however, the company's research has fallen mostly short in its attempts to prove the link between marijuana and better patient outcomes. Last year alone, studies evaluating the use of THC in cancer pain and schizophrenia failed.
- 190,905 Views Category: Odd
- 150,112 Views Category: Fun
- 139,604 Views Category: Culture
- 100,532 Views Category: Culture
- 99,124 Views Category: Culture
- 98,934 Views Category: Fun
- 79,701 Views Category: Culture
- 77,878 Views Category: Odd
- 69,786 Views Category: Fun
- 62,943 Views Category: Fun