New laws could force marijuana dispensaries to close
Recreational Marijuana Sales Outpace Tax Registrations in Oregon
Vermont Marijuana Legalization Bill Poised For Full Senate Vote
Colorado Seeks To Create Organic Marijuana Labeling Rules
Monona considers change to marijuana laws
MONONA (WKOW) -- The city of Monona's Public Safety commission will meet on Wednesday to discuss whether to ease up penalties for marijuana possession in certain situations.
Right now, someone caught with 25 grams or less of marijuana in a public or private place-- like a home-- can face a fine of up to $313. Officials in Monona are now considering a proposal to eliminate fines for adults who have small amounts of marijuana at home and only issue a $1 fine if caught with marijuana in public.
Alderman Brian Holmquist says the meeting is just the preliminary discussion on the proposal.
"Really this is a look at our current ordinance," Holmquist says. "Look at if there are changes that we look to do or keep it the same as it is."
Indiana Wants to Increase Drug Penalties, But Not for Marijuana Offenders
- 190,596 Views Category: Odd
- 149,912 Views Category: Fun
- 139,402 Views Category: Culture
- 100,112 Views Category: Culture
- 98,714 Views Category: Culture
- 98,654 Views Category: Fun
- 79,415 Views Category: Culture
- 77,637 Views Category: Odd
- 69,506 Views Category: Fun
- 62,630 Views Category: Fun