DEA could reclassify marijuana, allowing doctors to conduct more research
DENVER — Marijuana users, researchers and investors are eager to hear whether federal officials will remove pot from the same drug classification as heroin, LSD and bath salts.
Federal drug officials say they are considering removing marijuana from what’s known as Schedule 1 classification, with a decision expected this summer.
The current classification makes it illegal to prescribe and declares that marijuana “has no currently accepted medical treatment use," although 24 states permit some form of medical marijuana use.
New Hampshire: Senate Punts Marijuana Decriminalization Bill To Hostile Conference Committee
Oakland Establishes Drug War Reparations and Passes Marijuana Equity Program
Frustrated Marijuana Legalization Supporters Head For The White House
Colorado Governor Now Thinks That Marijuana Legalization Is Working, No Longer ‘Reckless’
Report: Southern California Cops Steal from 1 out of 10 People Without Conviction
- 189,474 Views Category: Odd
- 148,955 Views Category: Fun
- 138,644 Views Category: Culture
- 98,317 Views Category: Culture
- 97,550 Views Category: Fun
- 96,952 Views Category: Culture
- 78,383 Views Category: Culture
- 76,492 Views Category: Odd
- 68,461 Views Category: Fun
- 61,276 Views Category: Fun