Pot activists vow to push legalization again in 2012
The state that gave us medical marijuana would allow pot for recreation. Then came the newspaper articles and the politicians warning us all of a world where stoned drivers would crash cars, doctors would feel drowsy and less coordinated during surgeries and employers wouldn’t be able to fire the high employees.
A day after voters rejected proposition 19, marijuana advocates wondered how they failed in trendsetting, liberal California.
Whatever the reason, activists vowed on Wednesday to push on in California, as well as in states that rejected other pot measures. “Social change doesn't happen overnight”, said Paul Armentano, the deputy director of the National Organization for Repeal of Marijuana Laws. These are very true words and if the pot smokers of the world are to eventually legalize the harmless drug then this is just one milestone in many to come.
- 258,732 Views Category: Culture
- 254,263 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 195,346 Views Category: Odd
- 186,925 Views Category: Fun
- 179,394 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 154,184 Views Category: Fun
- 143,899 Views Category: Culture
- 107,062 Views Category: Culture
- 105,396 Views Category: Culture
- 103,851 Views Category: Fun