You’re Not Against Cannabis Legalization, You’re Against Corporate Weed (And That’s Cool, But…)
When it comes to the cannabis industry, it’s time for the weed heads to ban together to keep out the greed heads. And that starts with how you vote this November.
I’ve been a cannabis journalist for fifteen years, and just published a book called How To Smoke Pot (Properly) that includes a lengthy section titled, “Cannabis Should Transform Capitalism, Not the Other Way Around.” I’ve also had the honor and privilege, as a longtime HIGH TIMES editor, of spending quality time with countless “Mom & Pop” cannabis growers, infused product makers, extract artists and retailers. I love this community, and what we stand for—liberty, reason, resistance, compassion, inclusion and stony solidarity in the face of terrible injustice.
So yeah, I’m staunchly opposed to any kind of corporate take-over of cannabis. And yeah, it’s already happening, and has been happening for years—aided and abetted by the suddenly weed-friendly corporate media.
- 194,398 Views Category: Odd
- 153,288 Views Category: Fun
- 142,886 Views Category: Culture
- 105,981 Views Category: Culture
- 104,227 Views Category: Culture
- 102,831 Views Category: Fun
- 83,164 Views Category: Culture
- 81,451 Views Category: Odd
- 73,426 Views Category: Fun
- 66,744 Views Category: Fun