Senators Urge Feds to Ensure Dispensary Marijuana Is Safe
A Senate panel is urging several federal agencies to undertake a series of moves, which include providing ways to test marijuana products sold at dispensaries in states where cannabis is legal.
Based on concerns over the lack of information on the potency and purity of cannabis being sold to consumers, the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee is directing federal agencies to formulate a “National Testing Program for Schedule I Marijuana-Derived Products,” according to Forbes.
In a recent report, senators instructed scientists at the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) to work with the DEA to analyze marijuana samples and “provide robust reliable data that can inform policy.”
Until recently, research scientists analyzed illegal drugs provided by the government under a NIDA-funded program of testing samples of illicit marijuana seized by law enforcement.
- 192,615 Views Category: Odd
- 151,678 Views Category: Fun
- 141,204 Views Category: Culture
- 103,157 Views Category: Culture
- 101,710 Views Category: Culture
- 100,837 Views Category: Fun
- 81,414 Views Category: Culture
- 79,572 Views Category: Odd
- 71,514 Views Category: Fun
- 64,913 Views Category: Fun