Maryland House rejects effort to strengthen penalty for marijuana use
The House of Delegates turned back a Republican-led effort Wednesday to stiffen a bill that would make it a criminal offense to smoke marijuana in a vehicle.
Following lively debate, the House voted 79-53 to reject an amendment that would make it a criminal misdemeanor to smoke marijuana on the Ocean City Boardwalk, in a state park or in other public spaces.
The original bill would have dealt with vehicles and public space issues, but the language on public space was stripped out by the House Judiciary Committee.
New Obama Budget Would Allow Retail Pot Sales in Washington D.C.
Does Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Support Marijuana Reform?
Obama says marijuana reform is not on his agenda for 2016
Bernie Sanders Puts High School Marijuana Essays in Congressional Record
Candidates Talk Legal Pot, Criminal Justice Reform and More at Fourth Democratic Debate
- 190,900 Views Category: Odd
- 150,105 Views Category: Fun
- 139,598 Views Category: Culture
- 100,505 Views Category: Culture
- 99,117 Views Category: Culture
- 98,926 Views Category: Fun
- 79,691 Views Category: Culture
- 77,875 Views Category: Odd
- 69,770 Views Category: Fun
- 62,934 Views Category: Fun