Can Medical Marijuana Help Aging Parents' Insomnia?
If an aging loved one in your life complains about not being able to sleep well, that older person is not alone. According to a , 39% of older people were likely to say they wake up a lot during the night. My mother in law, Alice, now 95, is one of them. For the entire time I have known her, over three decades, she has complained of insomnia. She reported trying every kind of remedy out there: prescription sleeping pills, over the counter aids, herbal concoctions, etc. Consistently, she said none of them worked. She could sometimes fall asleep but could not stay asleep.
Her family thought it was time for her to try marijuana. Living in California where medical use of marijuana has been legal for years, it was not much trouble to get a doctor's recommendation. It was done by video conference with an M.D. He asked Alice some good questions, discussed what products might work and recommended a specific type of weed in elixir form. She was not looking to get high. She just wanted to stay asleep for the night. She was all in favor of trying something new. We got the drops the doctor recommended for her.
- 193,784 Views Category: Odd
- 152,756 Views Category: Fun
- 142,282 Views Category: Culture
- 104,932 Views Category: Culture
- 103,315 Views Category: Culture
- 102,179 Views Category: Fun
- 82,578 Views Category: Culture
- 80,814 Views Category: Odd
- 72,734 Views Category: Fun
- 66,107 Views Category: Fun