Trump and Sessions are ignoring voters' overwhelming support for medical marijuana. Will Congress listen?
Never mind what President Trump said on the campaign trail. His administration and GOP leaders appear determined to eliminate protections for medical marijuana growers, sellers and users.
Every year since 2014, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Costa Mesa) has inserted an amendment into a federal spending bill to prevent the Justice Department from prosecuting medical marijuana businesses that comply with their state’s laws. It’s been a temporary but necessary fix to address a fundamental contradiction: that even though 26 states have legalized medical marijuana, the drug is still prohibited under federal law.
- 549,735 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 432,290 Views Category: Culture
- 351,854 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 281,045 Views Category: Fun
- 200,853 Views Category: Odd
- 158,669 Views Category: Fun
- 156,726 Views Category: Videos
- 155,892 Views Category: Nugs
- 151,801 Views Category: News
- 150,496 Views Category: Nugs