Denver officials eye 4/20 marijuana celebrations with wariness, dread
Category: Events | Posted on Fri, April, 19th 2013 by THCFinder
Ahead of what organizers say will be one of the largest marijuana-themed celebrations in the world, a number of officials in Denver are looking to this weekend's events with something between wariness and dread.
Take, for instance, the city's police department, which plans to have extra officers on hand to monitor the large, marijuana-puffing gathering in Civic Center park known as the "420 Rally." Although public marijuana consumption remains illegal in Colorado, a department spokesman says the beefed-up presence will nonetheless try to maintain a low profile.
"Our biggest goal is to ensure everyone is safe in this environment," Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said. "We'll have the necessary number of officers to ensure the safety of the public."
The rally takes place every year on April 20 — a day marijuana enthusiasts regard as a cannabis holiday they call 4/20. It could draw tens of thousands of attendees this year, as the first major public event around marijuana in Colorado since voters legalized use and limited possession of the drug last year.
Read more: http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com
- 483,719 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 400,353 Views Category: Culture
- 314,375 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,417 Views Category: Fun
- 198,654 Views Category: Odd
- 156,898 Views Category: Fun
- 155,189 Views Category: Videos
- 154,144 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,866 Views Category: News
- 148,806 Views Category: Nugs