Election 2016: How Legalization Became a Sure Thing In California
In America, it’s generally unwise to bet against the billionaires. And in California, the billionaires are behind legalization—in a big way.
The rich and powerful are pouring money into Prop. 64, the ballot measure that would legalize small amounts of cannabis for adults 21 and over in the nation’s most populous state—the home of the biggest and most sophisticated cannabis industry on the planet.
With just over a month to go before Election Day, pro-legalization forces had recorded more than $18 million in campaign contributions, according to the most recent campaign finance records, swamping the paltry $2.4 million raised by the prohibition set.
- 418,420 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 367,825 Views Category: Culture
- 280,654 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 273,384 Views Category: Fun
- 197,180 Views Category: Odd
- 155,551 Views Category: Fun
- 149,169 Views Category: Videos
- 148,289 Views Category: News
- 148,285 Views Category: Nugs
- 147,112 Views Category: Nugs