Californians vote to legalize recreational use of marijuana in the state
Voters on Tuesday approved Proposition 64, making California the most populous state in the nation to legalize the recreational use of marijuana.
The approval of the ballot measure creates the largest market for marijuana products in the U.S. It comes six years after California voters narrowly rejected a similar measure. Activists said passage would be an important moment in a fight for marijuana legalization across the U.S.
“We are very excited that citizens of California voted to end the failed policy of marijuana prohibition," said Nate Bradley, executive director of the California Cannabis Industry Assn. "Proposition 64 will allow California to take its rightful place as the center of cannabis innovation, research and development.”
- 418,195 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 367,728 Views Category: Culture
- 280,519 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 273,380 Views Category: Fun
- 197,176 Views Category: Odd
- 155,547 Views Category: Fun
- 149,165 Views Category: Videos
- 148,286 Views Category: News
- 148,282 Views Category: Nugs
- 147,104 Views Category: Nugs