Get Your Medical Marijuana From an ATM?
PHOENIX - Medical marijuana approved by the voters will soon be available for patients across the state, but the details are still being hammered out about who will get to distribute the marijuana.
But that hasn't stopped some entrepreneurs from trying to cash in on the new law with some new gadgets. What do you think of a marijuana ATM?
Kind Clinics hopes to have their "med boxes" inside medical marijuana dispensaries in Arizona.
Dr. Bruce Bedrick says the ATM-style dispensary technology not only is convenient, but protects against fraud and keeps inventory of the product.
"When they come into the dispensary, they will be able to get a prepaid debit card. Once they put the card into the machine, they'll be asked for their fingerprint, they'll put their finger on the machine, and then they will be able to choose the medicine of their choice at the amount of their choice and it will be dispensed," says Dr. Bedrick.
Bedrick says the ATMs will be located inside medical marijuana dispensaries and he hopes they'll be in place by mid-summer.
Kind Clinics is lobbying for one of the dispensary permits.
- 549,845 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 432,328 Views Category: Culture
- 351,946 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 281,058 Views Category: Fun
- 200,861 Views Category: Odd
- 158,676 Views Category: Fun
- 156,739 Views Category: Videos
- 155,902 Views Category: Nugs
- 151,812 Views Category: News
- 150,509 Views Category: Nugs