Mormons and Medical Marijuana: Utah’s Plan to Study Pot Goes Forward
Utah is a weird place. Coffee and alcohol are hard to come by, but in a state where politicians measure each other in shades of conservative, more and more Republicans are pushing for access to medical marijuana.
Utah lawmakers pushed hard to legalize medical marijuana this year, but a combination of uncertainty over what President Donald Trump’s administration planned to do and plain, old delay-and-obstruct tactics delayed the issue. But things are moving forward again after a plan to spend this year “studying” medical marijuana advanced to Gov. Gary Herbert’s desk for his signature.
And its only opponents are some of the state’s lone Democrats, who say that the plan is an unnecessary delay tactic—and that more than enough to justify legalizing medical cannabis is already known.
- 514,545 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 415,913 Views Category: Culture
- 332,302 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 280,026 Views Category: Fun
- 199,488 Views Category: Odd
- 157,612 Views Category: Fun
- 155,786 Views Category: Videos
- 154,812 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,554 Views Category: News
- 149,491 Views Category: Nugs