Foundation to Help Fund PTSD Research and Get Veterans Jobs in the Pot Industry
Dr. Sue Sisley, a psychiatrist and former clinical assistant professor at Arizona University (AU), is one of the nation’s foremost scientific experts on medical marijuana.
Although she’s never served in the military Sisley, wears or carries a dog tag stamped with the number “22,” as a constant reminder of how many American vets commit suicide each day—most suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, according to data from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
“Even though we all realize that is a falsely low number… it is a horrific number,” Sisley told NewsMax Health, noting that veteran suicides far outnumber the national civilian average.
After leaving AU, where she received her medical degree, Sisley finally received approval from the government to study cannabis for PTSD.
Now she has joined forces with a U.S. veteran, Roberto Pickering, a former infantry Marine who was diagnosed as 100 percent disabled from PTSD in 2004.
- 502,460 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 410,054 Views Category: Culture
- 325,859 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,843 Views Category: Fun
- 199,244 Views Category: Odd
- 157,395 Views Category: Fun
- 155,626 Views Category: Videos
- 154,603 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,341 Views Category: News
- 149,255 Views Category: Nugs