Stoned Science: Interactions Between THC and CBD
Often when people smoke marijuana, all of the credit for the high is given to Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), but this isn’t the whole story. Through previous discussions you might recall that cannabidiol (CBD), alone, does not get you high. While this is true, there are some important interactions to consider.
Does CBD affect the high that THC provides and how does it do so?
Our bodies are broken up into many systems (i.e. cardiovascular, respiratory, nervous, etc.), but one important system that doesn’t get much attention is the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
As you may have guessed, our ECS interacts with cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD. But it is more involved than you might imagine. The ECS is imperative to the body’s normal functioning—assisting in the regulation of pain and hunger to name a few.
- 509,418 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 413,401 Views Category: Culture
- 329,610 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,938 Views Category: Fun
- 199,366 Views Category: Odd
- 157,492 Views Category: Fun
- 155,709 Views Category: Videos
- 154,698 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,442 Views Category: News
- 149,393 Views Category: Nugs