The Biology of CBD
Previously in “The Chemistry of CBD,” we looked at the subtle changes in the structure of CBD versus that of THC and the potential differences in the resulting conformation of cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1).
We discussed how minuscule changes can have large multiplicative effects down the biological stream. As with all things in this world, structure determines function. The structure of the molecule determines how it binds to the protein, the movement of the protein determines the resulting cellular action and the structure of neuronal networks determines our physical behaviors which can be measured through science!
A claim that was made in the preceding article posed that CBD has the opposite effects of THC.
There have been a few studies that look at the differences in behavior, as well as the effect of CBD on the behaviors elicited by THC. One study in particular took advantage of a technique known as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI).
- 485,010 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 401,031 Views Category: Culture
- 315,100 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,433 Views Category: Fun
- 198,681 Views Category: Odd
- 156,922 Views Category: Fun
- 155,209 Views Category: Videos
- 154,161 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,881 Views Category: News
- 148,818 Views Category: Nugs