The Biology of CBD
Previously in “The Chemistry of CBD,” we looked at the subtle changes in the structure of CBD versus that of THC and the potential differences in the resulting conformation of cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1).
We discussed how minuscule changes can have large multiplicative effects down the biological stream. As with all things in this world, structure determines function. The structure of the molecule determines how it binds to the protein, the movement of the protein determines the resulting cellular action and the structure of neuronal networks determines our physical behaviors which can be measured through science!
A claim that was made in the preceding article posed that CBD has the opposite effects of THC.
There have been a few studies that look at the differences in behavior, as well as the effect of CBD on the behaviors elicited by THC. One study in particular took advantage of a technique known as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI).
- 535,320 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 425,737 Views Category: Culture
- 343,419 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 280,469 Views Category: Fun
- 200,083 Views Category: Odd
- 158,101 Views Category: Fun
- 156,189 Views Category: Videos
- 155,336 Views Category: Nugs
- 151,232 Views Category: News
- 149,967 Views Category: Nugs