ACDC Drummer Convicted Of Cannabis Possession
The famous ACDC drummer Phil Rudd has lost his bid to escape a criminal conviction after he was caught with 25 grams of cannabis on his launch berther at Tauranga Bridge Marina. Rudd who appeared in Tauranga District Court yesterday under his birth name Phillip Hugh Witschke, pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of cannabis and name suppression was lifted.
He was fined $250 plus $132.89 court costs. The court was told that on October 7 when police executed a search warrant they found a total of 25 grams of marijuana on board. Witschke told police it was for his personal use. His lawyer Craig Tuck sought a discharge without conviction arguing that the consequences of a conviction would far outweigh the consequences of his client's crime, which he said was a lower end of scale in terms of its criminality.
Mr Tuck said in the last nine months Witschke had travelled to more than 20 countries and his many business interests required him to travel extensively. A conviction could seriously affect his ability to enter some countries, he said.
- 491,877 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 404,345 Views Category: Culture
- 319,395 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,578 Views Category: Fun
- 198,901 Views Category: Odd
- 157,133 Views Category: Fun
- 155,350 Views Category: Videos
- 154,313 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,029 Views Category: News
- 148,971 Views Category: Nugs