International Commission Reports Drug War a Failure
The Global Commission on Drug Policy released a report yesterday with a conclusion that the Drug War many nations are fighting is a complete waste of time a resources. The Global Commission boasts a 19-member panel that includes the former U.N. Chief and several other high powered world leaders.
The Commission said that as enforcement efforts increased, so did the illegal use of drugs. "The drugs are infiltrating the local power in several parts of the world. Corruption is increasing, and the consumption of drugs is also increasing," said Fernando Cardoso, who chaired the commission.
Recommendations were made to countries currently fighting the losing battle. The commission recommended decriminalization of most drugs, and an increase in public health policies geared towards drug problems.
- 406,041 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 361,193 Views Category: Culture
- 273,693 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 272,345 Views Category: Fun
- 196,904 Views Category: Odd
- 155,281 Views Category: Fun
- 148,149 Views Category: Videos
- 147,242 Views Category: Nugs
- 147,223 Views Category: News
- 146,023 Views Category: Nugs