Bad case of the munchies: Man arrested for stealing Krispy Kreme doughnut truck
Category: Odd | Posted on Mon, April, 4th 2011 by THCFinder
A 20-year-old man who has been arrested for possession of marijuana and stealing a Krispy Kreme doughnut truck said he did it because he was 'tired and wanted to have a sleep'.
Randall Travis Roberts, from Davenport, Iowa, was arrested on Thursday and charged with grand theft auto and possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana.
He claims the Class B drug did not belong to him.
Police said two vehicles bumped into each other and the drivers thought the mirrors might have been damaged, so they stopped in the 400 block of West Silver Springs Boulevard and called police.
At the scene, Roberts officer Leonard Griggs he had stolen the 2011 GMC box truck owned by Gulf Florida Doughnut Distributing in Tampa from a Walmart parking lot in Haines City.
Roberts told the officers he had gotten tired of walking and that his feet hurt.
He said he saw the truck, with the keys inside, parked behind the Walmart and took it 'because he needed somewhere to sleep'.
Inside the truck was 338 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts as well as a plastic bag of marijuana on the floor near the driver's seat.
- 528,640 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 422,543 Views Category: Culture
- 339,893 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 280,323 Views Category: Fun
- 199,847 Views Category: Odd
- 157,932 Views Category: Fun
- 156,052 Views Category: Videos
- 155,144 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,901 Views Category: News
- 149,809 Views Category: Nugs