Marijuana treated as a lost and found item on Seattle buses
Category: Odd | Posted on Sat, May, 11th 2013 by THCFinder
Metro bus drivers have been given new instructions for lost marijuana: turn it into the lost and found.
In Nov. 2012, a statewide ballot initiative approved adults age 21 and older to have up to one ounce of usable marijuana.
Even before that, Metro would occasionally find marijuana left on buses – typically small amounts in backpacks or film containers, sometimes with a pipe. That was turned over to police, and amounts over 1 ounce still will be, Metro spokesman Jeff Switzer said Friday.
“People can’t just come to lost and found and say, ‘I lost some pot,’” he said. “They will need to provide a lot more information before we reconnect them with that lost and found item.”
Metro has roughly 200 bus routes, and riders trying to reclaim their missing weed will have to say specifically the route and time when they lost it. No one has tried to pick up pot from Metro’s lost and found yet.
In an average year, Metro has about 40,000 lost and found items, with the most common being black umbrellas. But they also come across cell phones and laptops often, and sometimes even the more bizarre: dentures, personal items, and prosthetic limbs.
Read more: http://blog.seattlepi.com
- 492,182 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 404,522 Views Category: Culture
- 319,572 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,590 Views Category: Fun
- 198,920 Views Category: Odd
- 157,143 Views Category: Fun
- 155,363 Views Category: Videos
- 154,324 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,040 Views Category: News
- 148,983 Views Category: Nugs