Scuba diver tries to sneak 8 pounds of marijuana into U.S. via St. Clair River
Category: Odd | Posted on Wed, August, 21st 2013 by THCFinder
MARINE CITY, Mich. (Detroit Free Press) -- A Canadian scuba diver on a late night swim got tangled up in a weedy mess: he was busted smuggling 8 pounds of marijuana into the United States in St. Clair River, Border Patrol announced today.
And the pot, which carried a street value of about $40,000, stayed dry.
The incident happened around 1 a.m. Monday when U.S. border agents were notified by the Saint Clair County Central Dispatch about a person swimming across the St. Clair River near Marine City. Dispatch had received a call from a citizen who spotted the swimmer.
Remote video surveillance cameras helped confirm the tip. A camera operator on Selfridge Air National Guard Base relayed to agents on the ground that the swimmer appeared to be towing a "dry bag" used by divers.
When the man in the scuba suit got out of the water near Marine City, Border Patrol agents arrested him. Then, they located a large, watertight PVC cylinder holding more than eight pounds of marijuana tied to a seawall ladder.
The swimmer has not yet been identified.
- 483,718 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 400,353 Views Category: Culture
- 314,374 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,417 Views Category: Fun
- 198,654 Views Category: Odd
- 156,898 Views Category: Fun
- 155,189 Views Category: Videos
- 154,144 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,866 Views Category: News
- 148,806 Views Category: Nugs