Police say pizzeria was front for marijuana operation
ST. PAUL, Minn. - Police say a St. Paul pizzeria and ice cream parlor turned out to be a front for a marijuana trafficking business.
The investigation began last summer after a concerned citizen reported that Papa Dimitri's Classic Pizza and Ice Cream was rarely open and didn't seem to do much actual business. According to the criminal complaint, the employees there complained about a lack of heat, even though it had a pizza oven, and typically ate at nearby burger restaurant instead of at the pizzeria.
On Friday, Ramsey County authorities charged the owner, 32-year-old Ryan Dimitri Brooks Sr., his 61-year-old mother, his 82-year-old grandmother and his 24-year-old girlfriend with drug and firearms offenses.
Ryan Brooks declined to speak with police when he was arrested. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
- 549,735 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 432,290 Views Category: Culture
- 351,854 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 281,045 Views Category: Fun
- 200,853 Views Category: Odd
- 158,669 Views Category: Fun
- 156,726 Views Category: Videos
- 155,892 Views Category: Nugs
- 151,801 Views Category: News
- 150,496 Views Category: Nugs