Senators Urge Feds to Ensure Dispensary Marijuana Is Safe
A Senate panel is urging several federal agencies to undertake a series of moves, which include providing ways to test marijuana products sold at dispensaries in states where cannabis is legal.
Based on concerns over the lack of information on the potency and purity of cannabis being sold to consumers, the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee is directing federal agencies to formulate a “National Testing Program for Schedule I Marijuana-Derived Products,” according to Forbes.
In a recent report, senators instructed scientists at the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) to work with the DEA to analyze marijuana samples and “provide robust reliable data that can inform policy.”
Until recently, research scientists analyzed illegal drugs provided by the government under a NIDA-funded program of testing samples of illicit marijuana seized by law enforcement.
- 469,049 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 393,058 Views Category: Culture
- 306,083 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 278,894 Views Category: Fun
- 198,305 Views Category: Odd
- 156,492 Views Category: Fun
- 154,667 Views Category: Videos
- 153,645 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,498 Views Category: News
- 148,362 Views Category: Nugs