Trump and Sessions are ignoring voters' overwhelming support for medical marijuana. Will Congress listen?
Never mind what President Trump said on the campaign trail. His administration and GOP leaders appear determined to eliminate protections for medical marijuana growers, sellers and users.
Every year since 2014, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Costa Mesa) has inserted an amendment into a federal spending bill to prevent the Justice Department from prosecuting medical marijuana businesses that comply with their state’s laws. It’s been a temporary but necessary fix to address a fundamental contradiction: that even though 26 states have legalized medical marijuana, the drug is still prohibited under federal law.
- 502,500 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 410,065 Views Category: Culture
- 325,882 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,844 Views Category: Fun
- 199,245 Views Category: Odd
- 157,396 Views Category: Fun
- 155,628 Views Category: Videos
- 154,604 Views Category: Nugs
- 150,344 Views Category: News
- 149,257 Views Category: Nugs