Trump and Sessions are ignoring voters' overwhelming support for medical marijuana. Will Congress listen?
Never mind what President Trump said on the campaign trail. His administration and GOP leaders appear determined to eliminate protections for medical marijuana growers, sellers and users.
Every year since 2014, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Costa Mesa) has inserted an amendment into a federal spending bill to prevent the Justice Department from prosecuting medical marijuana businesses that comply with their state’s laws. It’s been a temporary but necessary fix to address a fundamental contradiction: that even though 26 states have legalized medical marijuana, the drug is still prohibited under federal law.
- 478,036 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 397,327 Views Category: Culture
- 310,445 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,260 Views Category: Fun
- 198,481 Views Category: Odd
- 156,664 Views Category: Fun
- 155,029 Views Category: Videos
- 154,001 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,704 Views Category: News
- 148,656 Views Category: Nugs